Friday, May 3, 2013

Windows Phone SDK 8.0 Warning: 'This computer does not support hardware virtualization'

Note: This post was from June of 2012. It is still relevant so I'm posting it.
 
When installing the Windows Phone SDK 8.0, I encountered a warning 'This computer does not support hardware virtualization, which means Windows Phone Emulator 8.0 can't run on this PC.'  I was installing the Windows Phone SDK 8.0 on a clean Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit virtual machine.

This error was occurring because the Windows Phone Emulator 8.0 was not designed to run within a virtual machine.

I attempted to find a solution to this. There was some stuff about changing things in the BIOS which I tried to fix but never was able to. It always resulted in the statement from people that 'Cannot virtualize hardware in a virtualized environment'. I still think there has to be a solution for this but I haven't done virtualization stuff since VMWare's ESX 3.0. If you know of something, share it below. I'm open to learn. This is more of a learning post than anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment