Friday, December 7, 2012

How to install a new font on Windows 7

I was trying to install a windows 7 font and couldn't figure it out. I had some old tutorials from Windows Vista and even Windows 3.1 but the install for Windows 7 didn't seem to mesh with what I was reading on blogs.

One gripe I have with things on the internet is that some people make things seem so complicated. This is really a one picture step, not 14 (at least in this example). All you have to do is right click on the font and select 'install'. There will not be a prompt that shows up after doing so.

Note that if you have a program like Photoshop, GIMP, or something running during the install, you will probably need to restart those programs to see the new font.

Thats it! If you hit issues with this or its more complex, I haven't run into it but post it below and we can figure it out. No problems there.

No comments:

Post a Comment