Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good Quotes

Here are some good quotes/philosophies that I feel teach great lessons in business that I've collected through the years. 

I'll keep updating these as this blog is my meant to be my personal file folder that just so happens to be public. Feel free to add more in the comments section.  Enjoy!
  • "It's not what you do, but it's what you do about it" ~my dad
  • "Be Prepared!" ~Boys Scouts of America
  • "Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand." ~Chinese proverb
  • "If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald Trump
  • "A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." ~Will Rogers
  • "A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." ~Mohandas Gandhi
  • "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." ~Will Rogers
  • "A boo is a lot louder than a cheer. If you have 10 people cheering and one person booing, all you hear is the booing. " ~Lance Armstrong
And now, a quote about quotes: "I never said most of the things I said." ~Yogi Berra

UPDATE: There are such things as Chinese Proverbs.  They are not some cop-out way to pretend you are quoting something smart. http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Chinese_Proverb/  There actually a lot of them and they are legit and official.  

No comments:

Post a Comment